Re: FT-736 DC plug

At 03:16 PM 7/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>         Hi Gang;...........I would like to here from any one who can give
> me the
>pin out of the DC input plug on the FT-736, or if you have a DC cable for
>the 736 for sale.

Looking at the back of the radio

+    (1)      (4)
       (2)      (5)  --
AC  (3)      (6) AC

1. + 12V from Power supply
2.
3. Switched AC from the Power Switch
4.
5. Ground/ -12V from Power Supply
6. AC Neutral

3 and 6 are the switched AC input to the 12V power supply.

To run the 736 from external 12V all you need is to wire pins 1 and 5.  You
can
buy a cable from Tower Electronics http://www.pl259.com/page4.html they have
pre built cables or you can buy the connector and build it yourself, if you
wish.

HTH
John - K9IJ

-