From: Don Woodward [mailto:dbwoodw@alltel.net]
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 12:07 PM
To: Gunther Meisse; 'Mac'; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] ECHO Heard and NEW message 0711040433 - REPLY -

There are other issues that may cause upload problems.

Here's a portion of today's "AMSAT Weekly Bulletins" that may help
workaround the problem...

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-193.03
ECHO telemetry software update

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 193.03 From AMSAT HQ
SILVER SPRING, MD.  July 11, 2004
To All RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-193.03

Some users are having difficulty uploading their telemetry data to the
website.  They receive an error message when trying to send in the data. The
problem has been identified and a program change to handle it will be
available soon.  In the meantime, here is a description of the problem, and
a method to edit your data.

The problem involves the beginning of a pass.  TlmEcho appends the I/O data
from the TLMS-1 record with each received analog TLMI-1 data record.  If at
the start of a pass, a station receives a TLMI-1 record, and has yet to
receive a TLMS-1 record, there is no I/O data available for the last field
of the CSV file, the "Last Good I/O Telemetry" field.  TlmEcho leaves this
field blank, and the database entry system does not like this.

To manually edit the data and correct the is problem, delete all records in
both CSV files that do not have the I/O telemetry data.  This will happen at
the beginning of a pass as mentioned above.  Also note, that multiple passes
during the day are stored in the same CSV file.  So check throughout
your CSV files for missing I/O data.  Backup your files before editing in
case you make a mistake.  You can go back to the original files again.

The Command Team appreciates all of the  ECHO telemetry being gathered and
submitted.  Due to the volume of incoming data, operators are strongly
encouraged to use the ECHO telemetry archive web page for submitting data.
The URL is http://www.coloradosatellite.com/echo

[ANS thanks Mike, KE4AZN for the above information]

/EX