Re: Getting TlmEcho installed

Ed,

The TlmEcho executable is only 168Kb. So the rest of the stuff is run time
dll and ocx of which the Visual Basic runtime is the biggest at 1356 Kb.
Under XP you can "open" the cab file and see its contents - don't know if
Win 2000 will allow this.

So I would say your download is A OK. Does the program run?

Jerry, W6IHG

At 03:53 AM 7/11/2004 -0800, Edward R. Cole wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Using Hasan's detailed instructions I have MixW2 with comm port emulator
>installed and working (I believe).  I constructed cable for my FT-847 using
>Radio Shack 6-pin mini-Din (#276-1474) and a six foot shielded cable with
>1/8-inch mini-phone plug (#42-2434).  Getting 9600-baud audio from the
>FT-847 to the line-input to the P3-866 (Dell).
>
>BUT...my problem is downloading and installing tlmEcho.  I get a runtime-53
>error.  I first tried installing both sw on my P100-win95 machine and
>tlmEcho installed and ran but MixW2 would freeze up on me so I figured
>win-95 was not a good OS for it.  I did have message during install that
>SHEL32.dll was missing and CreateMixw2shortcut.exe was linked to that dll.
>  ...whatever than means.
>
>In any case I am not asking to solve that problem as I opted to install on
>my win2K system, instead.
>
>But...I cannot get a good install of tlmEcho!  I see that the zip file:
>tlmEcho_pack_v103 is 1.43Mb in size yet the unzipped tlmEcho application
>installed is only 168 kb...seems strange it is so small?  The folder
>installed under C:\Programs\tlmEcho contents are: ST6UNST, tlmecho, and
>CPBINI.  Folder size is only 174 kb.  I am downloading from the link from
>the Amsat Echo page.
>
>Any ideas how to get a good download?
>
>73's Ed - AL7EB
>

>----