More Anti-BPL Ammo

In Friday, July 9th's USA Today (Money Section) there is an article about
Nextel's new spectrum.  Basically, the article is talking about how other
cellphone companies are complaining that Nextel is being "given" new
spectrum.  The FCC says that because Nextel is causing interference to
public safety agencies, that they are going to make Nextel pay for retuning
radios, etc.  The kicker quote that I leave you with...  "But FCC officials
now say they have broad freedom to reduce interference.  Powell [FCC
Chairman Michael Powell] says, 'There are risks... But we take bold action
because our police and firefighters...  Deserve nothing less.'"

73s,
Eric KF4OTN
kf4otn@amsat.org
kf4otn@w4ral.#rtp.nc.usa.noam

ARRL Member
AMSAT Member: 35360 (I gave ECHO a lift...  Did you???)
Support your Hobby!  Join a club.

All contact logs are uploaded to the ARRL LoTW and eQSL.