From: <N4QWF@aol.com>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 9:35 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] 1296 repeaters

> Bob,
>
> There is one on Apple Orchard Mountain about half way between Lynchburg,
Va. and Bedford, Va. on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The call is WA1ZMS. It is
crossed linked to 220mhz,440mhz,900mhz and 2.4gig. Admitted that it does not
get much use but it does what pretty good considering it is 3000 foot above
sea level. The stack is also Internet liked. The 2 meter repeater is not
linked because of the heavy use and the large area of coverage.

> There is no comparison with 2 meters. You must know that it does not
multipath. Line of site is about it.