Re: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

Must be a case of mistaken identity on the radio models.

I have a Yaesu FT-8800. It's a dual receive mobile. I can transmit on
the UHF side to my UHF repeater all while continuously listening to the
chatter on the local repeater on 2 meters. Receive is never interrupted
on the opposite band. I do it all the time.

Yes you could hear your voice through the downlink from AO-50 or 51 on
70cm, at the same time you are transmitting to it. Thus verifying access
to the satellite.

Its a good radio for full duplex satellite work in my book.

73 Ernie

--

Ernie Howard, Jr    W8EH    Middletown, Ohio
E-mail: w8eh@arrl.net