Re: FT-50 full duplex - was: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

I have my FT-50 sitting here with me.  I am looking at the frequencies I
have programmed into the rig for AO-27.  There are five of them, per my
post from yesterday.  I have an observation that might be a clue as to why
your rig isn't allowing you to hear your downlink.

When I go through the menus, looking at ALL the settings for AO 1, I find:

SQL     0
TXPO    HI
RPTR    DUP     This may be the key.  The upper right of the screen also
has a black -+
                 It won't let me change it either!  I think because it
contains a non-standard split.
SHFT            Not changeable!
VDUP    Off
RPTL    off
RESM    5
SCNL    off
APO     off     Automatic Repeater Offset (may be critical)
WSQL    0       Not changeable!
AMOD    on
RMOD    N-FM

Now all of my repeater entries have very different settings, and my simplex
entries have other very different settings.  Once I had these working I
"copied" each entry over and over, changing frequency and name tag for
several other entries, including a set of five for SO-35.

Try these settings and post back here your results.

73, Mike kf4fdj