FT-50 full duplex - was: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

John:

You may have a point.  My serial number is 7F201614.  I have the keyboard
addition which adds DVR, and maybe the key is here: I did the mod which
opens up the transmit/receive range.

At one time I had a 70 cm repeater on the tower at my job.  The fellow who
built the repeater had a 2 M repeater which we used to link to mine.  He
would use the 2 M input and listen on my 70 cm output.  I would talk on the
70 cm input and listen on his 2 M output.  I have sat for hours in my
living room talking to him *FULL DUPLEX* using my FT-50.  We could key down
and *BOTH* of us could interrupt each other at will.  We talked that way
regularly.

Now when you are programming those frequencies, make sure you turn off any
repeater offset!  You have to make sure you program simplex frequencies
into the slot.  If you don't, you might have the receiver, which is still
working as you transmit, listening to another frequency other than one
which you have set up in your test.  Maybe you still don't have the rig set
up properly?

I've done countless demos on the easy sats using my FT-50.  Maybe I DO have
a spook radio, but it DOES function as a full duplex rig.