RE: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

Wow, the FT-50 and FT-51 sure are generating some controversy!

Is it possible that there are different models, for example, US and
European models, that may or may not do full duplex? Could some versions
of firmware not do full duplex?

Or is it just that a good well written how-to is necessary?

Darrell
VE7CLA