Re: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

At 02:09 PM 7/8/2004, Darrell Bellerive wrote:
>Seems we need to define full duplex. Full duplex allows the operator to
>hear his own downlink from the satellite, while transmitting on the
>uplink to the satellite. Full duplex is NOT just the ability to store
>frequencies from different bands in the same memory channel.

None of the confusion is on my part.  I will state again, the FT-50 is a
full duplex radio, in that while transmitting through a bent pipe repeater,
one hears their own downlink.

You can also add the Yaesu Ft-5100 to the full duplex list.  While the
FT-50 can do full duplex, it can't do cross band repeat.  The FT-5100 is
capable of both full duplex and cross band repeat.

Again, someone else who has successfully used the FT-50 as a full duplex
sat rig please come to my rescue!

73, Mike kf4fdj