RE: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

I'm not sure how more clear I can make this.  The FT-50 operates in full
duplex mode.  You can hear the UHF downlink while transmitting VHF uplink
while working mode J birds.  The opposite is true while working mode B birds.

Would somebody else with an FT-50 who has worked satellites jump in here
and let these folks know I'm not nuts?

The misinformation flying here and the flurry of responses I'm getting is
beginning to get tedious.

73, Mike