Re: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

>Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 20:15:01 -0700
>From: Darrell Bellerive <ve7cla@shaw.ca>
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?
>

>What about the Kenwood TH-77, 78, 79; Were any of these full duplex?
>
>Darrell
>VE7CLA

I have a TH-77 and TH-79, both full duplex. That would seem to imply that the
78 is full duplex also.

Note: I believe that I had to do a simple mod on the TH-79 to allow
it to operate in the satellite frequency bands on UHF. So frequency
coverage is another thing to consider, especially on the older rigs.

Bob

=====
Bob Witte K0NR
Email:  bob@rwitte.com or  k0nr@arrl.net