Re: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

At 10:54 PM 7/7/2004, John P. Toscano wrote:
>The FT-50r is a fine little HT, but it is ABSOLUTELY NOT a full-duplex
>radio.

Wrong!  The FT-50R is absolutely a full duplex HT.  I have made literally
hundreds of sat contacts with mine.  Everything I stated in my last post
stands; IT IS FULL DUPLEX!

My portable station is the FT-50R, a 70cm ARR preamplifier running on a 9V
battery velcroed to the side, and an ARROW sat antenna.

73, Mike kf4fdj