RE: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

> higher price.  Someone mentioned the FT50r.  I would like them to
> check if it is truly full duplex (hear your own signal coming down
> from the satellite / listening on one band while transmitting on
> another), because I do not believe it is.

The FT-50r is a fine little HT, but it is ABSOLUTELY NOT a full-duplex
radio.  It cannot monitor two frequencies simultaneously, much less
listen on one band while transmitting on another.
It was I who mentioned the FT-50R...as my first HT to work the FM
EasySats..John is 100% correct, it is NOT full duplex. But, I did put a
bunch in the log with it.
73,
Mac, W8XF