Re: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

My trusty FT-470 has served me for many years (field tested from 120F
to -30F).  It does full duplex very well.  They go for around $100 on
eBay.  The FT-530 would work very well also, but they command a much
higher price.  Someone mentioned the FT50r.  I would like them to
check if it is truly full duplex (hear your own signal coming down
from the satellite / listening on one band while transmitting on
another), because I do not believe it is.  I believe the FT51r was
full duplex, but they are quite scarce on the used market.  Of course
none of these radios have the built in modem.

73,
Joe
ks5z