73, doug

   From: "Gunther Meisse" <gmouse@neo.rr.com>
   Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:43:05 -0400

   Darrell,
   I'll take a slightly different approach.
   I have looked at the D7 in action and it is a lot of HT in one box.
   My position however was that I wanted a full duplex HT that would work the
   FM voice transponder on ECHO. Additionally, I wanted one that would allow me
   to place the local National Weather Service broadcast on the sub band, with
   separate volume control and at the same time have the full feature of an FM
   HT for the local repeater.. When our weather net is up, this is a dream...

   Last, I wanted an HT that was VERY user friendly and easy to deal with in
   the mobile situation. Also, I did not see a great usefulness to the packet
   function of the D7. Too much fussing around... No keyboard, etc..

   So, I went with the Icom W32A and I love it.. It is a full power (5Watt) rig
   that is real easy to use...

   I guess you need to really decide what applications you Really want out in
   the field....

   They are both good radios...
   Regards,
   Gunther Meisse