Re: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

   Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 12:40:27 -0500
   From: Gary Persons <kd5day@sbcglobal.net>

   If you want to work the digital and voice side of AO51 with a HT, then the
   Kenwood THD7a is the only way to go. If you are just interested in the
   voice side, then I would highly recommend the Icom W32A. I have both and

And if you want to do it a bit more cheaply, the ICOM W31A works
pretty well, also.

   the Icom is much more "user" friendly for satellite work. The D7 works
   great for the digital side. This is not to say that the Icom, with an
   external TNC won't work. The advantage of the Kenwood D7 is the fact that
   is it totally self contained for digital work. No external gadgets except a
   computer are needed.

What other HT's, that aren't currently available new, work
full-duplex?

73, doug