Re: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

If you want to work the digital and voice side of AO51 with a HT, then the
Kenwood THD7a is the only way to go. If you are just interested in the
voice side, then I would highly recommend the Icom W32A. I have both and
the Icom is much more "user" friendly for satellite work. The D7 works
great for the digital side. This is not to say that the Icom, with an
external TNC won't work. The advantage of the Kenwood D7 is the fact that
is it totally self contained for digital work. No external gadgets except a
computer are needed.
Kinda of like the Ford, Chevy thing.

73

kd5day