Re: Handheld for Echo and FM Sats?

So far I have not seen anything negative about the Arrow antenna. Seems
to get great reviews.

I don't do much repeater or FM simplex operating. In fact my VX-1R has
spent most of it's life in a drawer. In addition to the FM birds, I
would like to have a higher power handheld for use in emergencies, and
the combination of higher power and the Arrow antenna seem ideal for
hitting repeaters from the back country.

The big question in my mind now is whether or not I will use the data
communications capabilities of the TH-D7.

Darrell
VE7CLA