OSCAR Number for Echo

AMSAT-NA President Robin Haighton, VE3FRH has asked me to handle
issuance of OSCAR numbers, and has written me requesting an OSCAR number for
the Echo satellite.  Therefore, in response to his communication, I hereby
issue
Echo the number AMSAT-OSCAR-51 (AO-51) to this exciting new amateur
radio spacecraft.  Thus, AO-51 joins a long line of amateur radio satellites
beginning with OSCAR-1 launched in December, 1961.

I wish to congratulate everyone involved in the design, construction,
testing, preparing for launch, launching and commissioning of this latest
Amateur Radio spacecraft.

I trust that amateurs all over the world will have an opportunity to avail
themselves of the many features offered by AO-51.

May AO-51 have a long and productive life.

Best wishes and 73,

William (Bill) Tynan, W3XO