Re: Connecting Timewave PK96 to Kenwood and ICOM

Ron:

There is no standard on those plugs between the various manufacturers as
evidenced by the variety of hookup diagrams in the PK-96 manual.

The PK-96 comes with a molded 5-pin DIN (not mini) cable ready for the TNC
end with bare wires on the other end - all I did with my FT-847 was solder a
6-pin mini DIN connector on the other end matching the correct wires.

If I had it to do over again I would get a molded 6-pin mini-DIN cable and
solder the larger 5-pin DIN on - those mini DIN's are hard on my old
nearsighted eyes.

73's

Don Woodward
KD4APP