Connecting Timewave PK96 to Kenwood and ICOM

I am getting ready to order a Timewave TNC today so I can start copying
the telemetry and work digital on Echo when released.  It looks like I
am going to some wiring on some Din mini 6 connectors.  I am looking to
connect the Timewave to either a Kenwood TMV71 and/or an ICOM IC910H.
Is it wishful thinking to believe that I can get a DIN mini cable with
male connectors at both ends and plug it in and get it to work ?  Is
there a standard for numbering the pins ?  Chassis connector or cable
connector end ?

Ron
KA4KYI