Re: ECHO, D7 and an Arrow

Greg,

I heard Echo in Saginaw, TX on the same pass, so it was there. I down
loaded the APRS identifier,. but I never saw more than one bar on the S
meter of my D7. I had the squelch closed like yours with only 2 bars. I was
set on 9600 baud, b-band data channel, TNC in APRS mode. I was using my VFO
on the D7 but I only had to change frequencies for doppler once.  The
identifier was on the D7 screen. If you are trying to read the APRS data,
then I am sure that you needed to be in the APRS TNC mode. I do not know if
the tlm Echo program will decode the ARPS data or not.
The satellite came in almost due north. But it was NW before I heard it. I
guess the houses here were attenuating the signal too much.

Anyway, rest assured it was there!

73

Gary