Re: IC706MKIIG / Mix W / Echo TLM / Help needed

Tim,

Topically these sound cards programs look for data on the left channel.
This is the tip of the stereo connector.

One of my bitches is that programs using sound cards should recognize that
they are stereo devices and sometimes we users what to put stuff on the
right -not left- channel because other stuff is on the left.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 09:34 AM 7/5/2004 -0400, Tim Holmes wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am getting set up to try using MixW with EchoTLM to try copying an
>echo pass.  My 706 has the same 6 pin din that a mouse cable uses, and I
>wanted to try connecting direct to my sound card.  Looking at the
>pinouts for the cable, it appears that I need to connect line 4 (data
>out) and Line 2 (ground) to the plug for the sound card, but I dont know
>which goes to which part of the plug, can someone help?  Also, If
>someone could summarize the settings to get mixW working with the
>comport replicator etc, it would be a big help
>
>thanks
>

>Timothy A. Holmes
>W8TAH - Amateur Radio Extra Class Operator
>StormNet Chase 9
>Certified Advanced Skywarn Spotter
>Assistant Emergency Coordinator - Medina County
>Web page:  http://www.qsl.net/w8tah
>
>----

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton@shentel.net