RE: OK I give!

All,

As a newbie to 9600 baud digital modes on the sats I was also surprised
that I could not hear much. There is a definite rise in the noise level -
you can see it on the AO-40Rec screen. You can see the signal on a
Discriminator meter if your radio has one. Probably just cracking the
squelch is a good idea. When they kicked up the power the other day, the
signal went full quieting. Once I got MixW working and a good set of keps
the telemeter is decoded long before you notice a signal present.  I don't
see anything in the waterfall but that may be because I don't have it set
up proper.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 01:02 PM 7/5/2004 -0400, A.J. Farmer wrote:
>There is actually not much to "hear" with 9600 data.  Just watch your S
>meter and you should see it rise when Echo goes over.

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton@shentel.net