Re: MixW

Nels,

Here is what I sent Tony, AA2AE , earlier today. This uses three software
packages for the decoding: MixW, the MixW comm emulator, and tlmEcho. Plus
I am using Nova for Windows for orbital data and my W6IHG Radio Tuner for
doppler tracking.

Hope this helps.

Jerry, W6IHG

_____________________________________-

Tony,

Here's what I have for MixW -

On Mode menu
   Select Packet, then mode settings

On General Tab, select "Emulate KISS TNC on TNC emulator port

On Modem Tab, select "VHF 9600 baud G3RUH (set sample rate to 22050 Hz).
Leave 0 in frequency response windows, mode shape at 15, I turned DCD
threshold to 0

Parameters, Beacon and Monitor I left alone until I understood what I was
doing. Click OK

On Configure menu
   Select TNC emulation and set one of the ports that you assigned in the
Comm Port Emulator (another piece of software that you need to down load
from the MixW site. Set baud to 19200, and 8,N,1. I asserted RTS and DTR
which seemed safe.

   Then select Sound device  and set that up for the sound card you are
using. Here is where you set in the sample rate as 22050. I left everything
else as is. You can also get to the volume controls from the Configure
menu. Just make sure you are adjusting the proper sound card if you have
more than one and the Record levels not the playback levels.

That should get MixW running.

Then I ran the tlmEcho program and on the Setup, ComPort dialog I set the
other virtual comm port (in my case comm 4) and the baud rate to 19200.

On the TLM menu, once you start getting packets displayed you can bring up
various display panels.

Good luck

Jerry, W6IHG

At 08:39 AM 7/5/2004 -0500, Arlon Nelson wrote:
>Can anyone send me the setup procedure for MixW to copy ECHO and the other
>digital birds. I can't seem to get the right combination.
>Thanks in advance.
>

>73,
>
>Nels, WØTUP
>Minot, North Dakota