Re: Satellite QSO exchange

Hello Bill,

A couple if issues for a QSO:

1. "officially" as a minimum, only 1 bit of information is required to
be passed, like callsign.

2. Many satellite operators are grid square hunters. So if you identify
with call and grid square, I can easily determine if
the grid square is new to me. Or If I respond to another's call I will
give my 4 digit grid square.

For the ARRL VUCC program you will need a minimum of 100 different 4
digit grids squares confirmed
 to qualify for the entry level award.

Stan, Wa1ECF