RE: mixw to wisp

Hi Jerry

> ...dug out of the storage box an old "LapLink" serial null modem cable (I
knew
> I was saving that for some reason) and looped back the two comm ports,
> putting MixW on comm 1 and WiSP on comm 2. That worked to get packets to
WiSP.

We hit the same problem a couple of years ago - see
http://www.g6lvb.com/mixwwisp.doc. USB comm ports should work if the drivers
are any good - some drivers are awful, blue screening and also the COM ports
can come up in random orders. In general, full hardware comm ports are the
most reliable way to get this working: I have an 8 port card on my main PC
as well as the mobo's two ports and another couple on another card. Still, I
never seem to have enough.

If memory serves me right, my old hardware TNC modems delivered better
performance than the soundcard did.

73 Howard G6LVB