Re: Antenna Polarity

Bob is right.

Consider that if one desires unattended-reception of telemetry one may not
be able to switch polarity efficiently, so linear is an acceptable
compromise.  I am currently listening with a 3/4 WL whip over flat ground
plane with a 432 preamp and hearing well.  No auto-tracking needed.
Auto-tuning may be required to record tlm unattended.

I am thinking of mounting my Arrow on my Yaesu B5400 for a little more
signal margin.  I guess either VHF or UHF will be vertical and the other
horizontal.  I guess on-air experience will tell the truth!

73's Ed - AL7EB