Antenna Polarity and ECHO

Hi all,
For what its worth it seems to me that LHCP is the main one here tho
there is a regular deep fade that RHCP improves. To me it indicates
regular tumbling. Towards the end of a pass RHCP takes over which has
always been my case, ie., the polarity as seen by my system changes
as I lose the satellite.
Now rember only when the satellite and ground station are in
alignment (bore sight) will circular polarity be achieved. At all
other times the APPARENT polarity changes from circular to elipictal
and many other possibilities.
The moral I have found one must be able to switch polarity otherwise
the user is better of with a linear antenna, in fact when I started
many many years ago I came to the conclusion that MOST times vertical
outperformed horizontal polarity. A good switchable antenna is the
one to aim for.
73 ron VK5AKJ (acheyJ)