RE: Echo Antenna Polarity

Bill,

I tried both settings on a pass yesterday.  Leaving the R/L relay
unenergized (I believe that's the RHCP position) was consistently stronger.
My antenna is a 2x8 element, of unknown pedigree and vintage.  With the
preamp, and RHCP, I had signals peaking at S7 - S9, an amazingly strong
signal here.  QSB took it down to S2 or less, presumably due to the
spacecraft tumbling.

Greg  KO6TH

What's the consensus of opinion now regarding the best receive antenna
polarity? Echo info stated the 435 Mhz downlink would be RHCP. Has RHCP
provided the best signals?

Regards...Bill N6GHz