Re: Echo Success MixW & Tlmecho

AJ,

The mode is PACKET, 9600 baud. You really need to get a friend who has a D7
to come over to your place and verify that you decode 9600 baud from it.
Just have him beacon in aprs mode and you will be able to decode it when you
are successful.
The passes are too short if you're having trouble to use ECHO or any other
bird. Surely, there is someone you know with either a D700 in the car or a
D7 handheld?

Yes the mode does matter and kiss has nothing to do with it.

What kind of sound card does your computer have in it? Two of mine work, one
doesn't. See my other post and you will see that one of my XP machines has a
motherboard sound card ...it works at 1200 but won't work with 9600. The two
that work are both Creative Ensoniq PCI CARDS, not motherboard. The one that
doesn't is a Sound Max Digital on the mother board.

Quote from my earlier message:

"On a different WinXP system, with a SoundMax Digital Audio setup on the
motherboard, I was NOT able to decode the same handheld. Something looks
very screwy ...as I can't get the background noise level to drop to anywhere
near zero by adjusting the audio input level to the line in jack. I suspect
a ground loop or something inherently incompatible with the sound card on
the motherboard."

Make sure in mix when you tell it to use the 9600 baud G3RUH modem, you go
into your sound card properties (outside of mix) and set the sample rate to
22050...the default is 11025.

73,

...hasan, N0AN