Re: rotor controls

I'm using the ARS AZ/EL boards (www.ea4tx.com) with some success.  They
can be interfaced to any rotor system that provides feedback via a pot.
I'm using mine with a Yaesu G-500A EL rotor and an Alliance HD-73 AZ
rotor.  I had to add one wire to the G-500A for it to work, and I had to
do light surgery to the HD-73.

I bought my boards used, and I've had a couple glitches.  Mostly due to
my not reading the instructions close enough.  Pablo has given me great
support even though I didn't buy the boards through him.

Almost every tracker and/or tuner supports the ARS boards.  I'm using
Nova via DDE interface.

The only down point with the ARS boards is that they come without an
enclosure.  It is expected that you will house the boards in the rotor
controller case.  I housed me in a project box and added LEDs to show me
the status of the boards.

-Freeman, N5FPP