ECHO ECHo ECho Echo echo...

As a curious and questionning body i take out from retirement my AO-40 bits and pieces and i was able to copy
at S4 ECHO but my TNC never decoded a byte even if my 9612 DCD light was illuminating on the 9600 noise
burst.

I feed my actuator with my too fast 24V for AO-40.  12V was performing slow but easy to pin point AO-40. On
TCA at 84 degrees signal peak at S4 and i was too busy troubleshooting the 9612 than i missed the rest of the
pass unable to track the bird.

At my wrap up session i found my DB 25 connector unplugged probably disconnected on various Coax/antenna
switching...:) As you see nobody's is perfect even me... But i'm aware of it and that's the difference.

I will have to reverse engeenering my setup to computer or humanly track the "early bird". But i don't know
if my wedgy tailtwister will endure the switches clicking?   I will have also to resurect a VHF 5 elements
beam in the making of an ECHO setup.

To be continued...

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec