Efficient (?) Rocket launch idea

Hi AMSATs,

I was just surfing on internet, looking about new technical things and just
came to some idea.
I see that engineers try to find some solutions to keep the launch cost low,
and I see ideas like "Air-breathing" engines that fly first horizontal to
gain speed and finally go on vertical with a normal kind of rocket into
space.

The problem however is the "air-breathing" engines, they are not to easy to
make and need to speed up in the air. So I tought, why not use something
like a steam-rocket, speed up on a runway, and at the end the runway goes
vertical. Then the rocket can go on with its own rocket. Then it only has to
keep speed till it is in space. In that way much less fuel is needed...

I can imagine that a huge satellite can not be launched like this, but maybe
a small one can be done.
Maybe something for future amateur satellites, launched by ourselves :o)

Just an idea to think about,

73 de BV/PE1RAH,
William in Taiwan
---