Help with Icom Pre-Amps Needed

During Field Day I was getting a lot of HF interference through the Icom
preamps (AG-25 and AG-35).  This was partially caused by the fact that the
antennas were located underneath a large curtain of wire v-beams which may
have been overloading the front end of the preamps.  This was happening a
lot on 2m, less so on 70cm where I have a mode-J filter that probably
reduced it.

So I decided that perhaps I could improve the shielding of the preamps and
essentially put the preamps in some kind of Farraday shield.  Last Sunday
afternoon I removed the four screws that attach the plastic rain cover so I
could see what's inside.  Wouldn't budge.

Anyone have any suggestions?

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm