A positive note!

On 2 Jul 2004 at 8:25, Emily Clarke wrote:

> At 10:52 AM 7/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:
> >Congratulations folks for the work done. The only drawback" the site is
> >open freely to all" As i suggest to
> >someone in the recent past, can we restrain as the ARRL does the site to
> >members only? A general section open
> >to all and the rest for members only.
>
> Yes, there will be a members only section.  We are still debating exactly
> what content will be in it, but some of the things that are in are listed
> on the Area 51 page (click Members on the main nav bar.)
>

> >I found actually AMSAT is more visible through his web site than from any
> >other sources and for why i have to
> >pay my membership if my next friend can acces the web site freely?
>
> We feel strongly that we should provide value-added services for the
> membership.  But remember, unlike the ARRL, there are no paid workers
> here.  This is done 100% on a volunteer basis.
>

> >BTW I don't know if someone ever think about an alliance with ARRL to
> >publish a satellite section in their
> >journal?
>
> I can't say for certain but I think the marketing department is working on
> a tighter relationship with the ARRL.
>
> 73,
>
> Emily
>

> ---------------------------------
> W0EEC - CM87tm
> AMSAT Area Coordinator - San Francisco Bay Area
> http://www.projectoscar.net    http://www.PlanetEmily.com
> http://www.experthams.net/ao7
>
> Help Launch Echo - http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/echo/index.html
> ---------------------------------

The volumteers salary is the membership satisfaction. You take me off guard Emily it is one of the best
answer i received in years... If it is a preview of a new minding i will be glad to pay you all a round of
807 this summer i will be on the coast of SC.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
AMSAT MEMBER (33583)