Members Only (was...)

At 10:52 AM 7/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Congratulations folks for the work done. The only drawback" the site is
>open freely to all" As i suggest to
>someone in the recent past, can we restrain as the ARRL does the site to
>members only? A general section open
>to all and the rest for members only.

Yes, there will be a members only section.  We are still debating exactly
what content will be in it, but some of the things that are in are listed
on the Area 51 page (click Members on the main nav bar.)

>I found actually AMSAT is more visible through his web site than from any
>other sources and for why i have to
>pay my membership if my next friend can acces the web site freely?

We feel strongly that we should provide value-added services for the
membership.  But remember, unlike the ARRL, there are no paid workers
here.  This is done 100% on a volunteer basis.

>BTW I don't know if someone ever think about an alliance with ARRL to
>publish a satellite section in their
>journal?

I can't say for certain but I think the marketing department is working on
a tighter relationship with the ARRL.

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm