Re: Re: ECHO and Kenwood TH-D7A(G)

Hi Francisco,

It should have it, although the manual doesn't talk about it.

Run a simple terminal program like HyperTerminal and hook it to your TH-D7.
Type DISP and it will show a list of all commands.
You'll see a KISS option.

To use the TNC with Echo, type:
HBaud 9600 <enter>
Kiss on <enter>
Now you have to soft boot the TNC. Press TNC on the front panel twice to
cycle the TNC and you'll be there. Don't do a power cycle as that will reset
the TNC to default.

As Howard mentioned, there is a problem with potential Data Overrun due to
the slow serial port. I'm not sure how serious it is with Echo because I
don't believe the telemetry data is a continuous stream. (just a guess)

There is another fatal flaw with the TH-D7 with its Kiss TX. It doesn't
work! So it's useless as a PacSat radio... Too bad, it's such a nice small
package.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649