RE: Re: AMSAT Website Redesign Available to the BB

Speaking as an IT Professional, there is nothing more scary than a computer
that has outdated versions of software.  Now, I can understand having an
older version of a piece of software that costs lots of dollars to upgrade.
But MOST browsers out there are free.  The offended browser is one that can
easily be upgraded for free and will include necessary security fixes that
the software author has seen fit to include as well which will make the
computer more secure and better all around.  If you CHOOSE not to upgrade
your software regularly, expect problems.  I dare not run Windows 95 on any
of my boxes simply because it won't be compatible with a lot of the software
that I want to run.  Now I don't go back and complain to the authors of the
software that won't run on Windows 95 because I expect problems.  The same
is true in this case.  While it is important to provide the service to all
interested parties, it is virtually impossible to support user-friendly
sites for EVERY version of EVERY browser out there.  Web designers should
only be held to the current version of the spec that rules on HTML and not
that of the past ten years.

If you are having separation anxiety from your outdated software, I'll be
happy to assist those wishing to update their systems to the 21st century.

73s and happy browsing,
Eric KF4OTN
kf4otn@amsat.org