Re: AMSAT Website Redesign Available to the BB

>We considered that and rejected it.  We don't want anyone having
>a bad user experience, not to mention that there could be other
>issues downstream from the front page.  We have a Lynx/Netscape 4 >compatible
headers in the future, but it wasn't a priority at
>this time.

I'm having a bad user experience, I consider it unfriendly for any web site to
tell me what kind of browser I should have on my computer. Until you have time
to complete the Lynx/Netscape 4 compatible headers, let's keep the old site
online so we don't all have to switch browsers cold turkey when many of us
have more important priorities to occupy our time.

Instead of a message directing me to "upgrade" my browser, how about a link
back to the old site for people who are not on the approved "style sheet".

I've been running Netscape 4.something for a long time now and have not seen
any reason to change it until this new Amsat site came along. The browsers at
work are also an older version and I cannot upgrade those machines since they
are not mine to begin with. I am all in favor of progress when it serves some
beneficial purpose, but not "progress" just for the sake of being new.

Too many people and institutions favor form over substance. Amsat has always
been an organization that favors substance over form. Let's not mess with that
tradition for the sake of a "user experience".

Dan Schultz N8FGV