From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On Behalf
Of Gunther Meisse
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 3:33 PM
To: 'Bill Bruno'; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Echo Orbit #21 - REPLY -

Just a point of order...
When you are listening to ECHO telemetry beacon on 435.15+/- Doppler you
should be aware that you want to watch the S meter. 9600 baud data is not
much to listen to via the audio portion of your receiver.... Just watch the
S meter and tune either side of 435.15 and you will see a very strong data
carrier.
I have used the keps, which are now widely published on the -bb, on NOVA and
they work very well. The keps actually lead the actual bird by about 30
seconds, but that is not a problem.. More refined will soon be out..
I know all was well on the 10:45 AM and the 12 noon eastern US pass this
morning.. I got the noon pass with a rubber duck on an Icom w32A HT standing
in a downtown parking lot. NOT BAD for 1.0 watts TPO.. Looked a lot better
on an Arrow except I had a fellow come up and ask if I was looking for
Saturn!! I said no, I drive a Chevy. For some reason he didn't laugh...
Hmmmm
Regards,
Gunther Meisse
W8GSM