Re: No signal from Echo

Date sent:      	Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:18:05 -0400
From:           	Don Woodward <dbwoodw@alltel.net>
Subject:        	Re: [amsat-bb] No signal from Echo
To:             	"Ronald I. Nutter" <ronald_nutter@georgetowncollege.edu>, amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Send reply to:  	Don Woodward <dbwoodw@alltel.net>

> Ron:
>
> Nothing heard here either on that pass, but I'm only using a mobile antenna here
> currently.

snip...

Don't forget that ground controllers are performing tests on the bird. This
could mean that a different transponder or mode is turned on for testing. The
different uplinks will also have to be tested as well as all the different
modes. It could take anywhere from 1 to 3 or 4 weeks for all the tests to be
completed and for any reloads to the software if needed.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO

AMSAT VP-User Services & Awards Manager

T5, 7.5Mhz