Re: AMSAT Website Redesign Available to the BB

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 09:04:06AM -0700, Emily Clarke wrote:

> Not to seem stupid but what is an RSS feed?  We converted articles on patch
> feeds and horn feeds, but I've never heard of an RSS feed.  If it wasn't on
> the old website we probably haven't added it.  Although we added about 150
> new pages, most were informational.

Its quite a nice way for other sites to catch news etc. from a master site.
sites like /. have an RSS feed, www.livejournal.com have RSS feeds.

A quick look with a web search engine will turn up a pile of articles
on RSS.

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/12/18/dive-into-xml.html

- Diane Bruce, va3db, AMSAT Area Coordinator