Re: Help - IC-910 & TNC setup

I ran into this problem - in normal (non-sat mode) the data ports are wired
as data 1 and data 2 for main and sub band respectively.  The important
clue here is that the main band is RX-TX and the sub band is RX only.

When you go into Satellite mode, the Main band is RX only, and the sub band
is RX-TX.  This clue lead me to understand that the data 1 port is now on
the sub band, and the data 2 is now on the main band.  So you have to
switch the connections.  Put the receive connection on data 2 and the
transmit on data 1.

73,

Emily

At 08:32 PM 6/29/2004 +1000, you wrote:
>G'day All,
>              I badly need some help setting up an IC-910 and TNC3 to run
> on UO-22, I've setup  using the main & sub data ports in sat mode, but
> I'm  unable to get any response from the modem during a pass, if I switch
> to normal mode (out of sat mode) the tnc comes to life, but of course is
> unable to uplink, being on the same frequency as the downlink on main band.
>  I'm obviously overlooking  something, but I can't for the life of me
> work what it is, the situation is not helped by that joke, Icom call an
> operators manual.
>                   Any help would be most gratefully received
>
>                     Regards Russ VK2BJP
>

>----

W0EEC - CM87tm
http://www.experthams.net/ao7