Re: Field Day

At 08:44 AM 6/29/2004 -0400, Robert Bruninga wrote:
>Problem is, even if everyone is running 5 Watts, still no
>one gets through becuse no one is able to capture the
>FM trasnponder.  But minimum power would help on
>the SSB birds.

If everyone is running 5 watts, some big honking station running a linear
in the midwest isn't jamming someone in the east on an eastern pass.  So it
will help keep things more regional.  If the satellite is over the east
coast, then people on the east coast are more likely to be the ones getting
in.  Over the midwest, people in the midwest...

>ALso, whats the difference between 100 and 105 points
>if the station that made 5 satellite QSO's then blocked
>FIVE other AMSAT stations from making any?  I think the
>100 points should only count for ONE QSO and no more.

I agree - one contact, 100 points, and that's it.  No other points count.

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm
http://www.experthams.net/ao7