Re: Field Day

Problem is, even if everyone is running 5 Watts, still no
one gets through becuse no one is able to capture the
FM trasnponder.  But minimum power would help on
the SSB birds.

ALso, whats the difference between 100 and 105 points
if the station that made 5 satellite QSO's then blocked
FIVE other AMSAT stations from making any?  I think the
100 points should only count for ONE QSO and no more.

Just a thought.  There is no magic answer.  A peak load that
is two orders of magnitude greater than the NORM will
always make Satellite Operations a mess...  AH, what fun
Field Day....

>>> Emily Clarke <w0eec@AMSAT.Org> 6/28/04 9:49:30 PM >>>

I was not going to post anything either, but after reading several
posts
about people who voiced their frustrations I thought I would add my
voice
to the choir.  My experiences were similar. After making contacts on
one
FO-29 pass and one SO-50 pass I decided to call it quits and work 6
meters,
which was wide open.

I think in the future the ARRL and AMSAT should consider that the 100
point
bonus can only go to stations who are claiming the QRP multiplier
(which
means your entire field day operations needs to be 5 watts or less.)
If
you aren't QRP, you don't get any points at all.  It would be a good
way to
give everyone a chance.  Perhaps in the future, after Eagle and P3E,
the
rule can be relaxed for those birds only.

73,

Emily

At 08:25 PM 6/28/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I was not going to post a report on my Field Day operation, but after

>seeing so many others do so, I will also.
>
>Scott, KD5FBA, and I operated W5DPA for the Brazos Valley Amateur
Radio
>Club (BVARC) from EL29co.  We made two contacts on SO-50, and were
unable
>to even get into AO-27 on the eastern pass over North America on
Saturday
>evening due to the extreme congestion.  We were pleased to get the 100

>point bonus for ARRL Field Day for our club.  We also had a great
>satellite demo conducted by Darrell, KC5JAR, who manned a receiving
>station as Scott and I made the contacts.  A number of the BVARC
members
>got to hear the satellites, and Scott and I have been invited to give
>program on working the satellites at the next BVARC meeting on July
8th.

>73
>Allen N5AFV
>Houston, TX
>

>----
>Sent via amsat-bb@amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the
author.
>Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
program!

W0EEC - CM87tm
http://www.experthams.net/ao7