RE: Echo

At 05:05 AM 6/29/2004 -0400, Rick Hambly (W2GPS) wrote:
>Jim,
>
>Echo launched successfully right on time at 0630UTC. All satellites have
>successfully separated and are in orbit.  Commissioning begins in about five
>hours but Echo will not be available for use for a few weeks.  Watch for
>official ANS bulletins and the AMSAT Web site updates as more information
>becomes available.
>
>Rick
>W2GPS
>AMSAT LM 2232

That's good news!  Congradulations to the whole Echo "crew"!

Please keep us informed to when the beacon is started so many of us can be
looking for it.  It appears Echo passes within range of my station almost
every orbit over the North Pole (using the pre-launch keps Ken N2WWD
provided).  I see your updated numbers and will install them.  Thanks Lee
for the telemetery decoder link.  I will install that and be looking for
the signal.

73's Ed - AL7EB
#3212, AK Field Ops