Re: ECHO Telemetry acquisition?

Hello Wayne,

I have been pondering this point also.

FT-847 and the IC-910H will both handle the 9600 bps downlink, but not
the faster data rates.

Consider:
1. Get the SDR-1000+ and use for the higher data rates when the software
becomes available.

2. Look at the     http://www.symek.com   offering for high speed data
rates 9600 and greater.
also consider the FT-847 modification kit to give the received bandwidth
for the higher data rates.
It uses the first IF output and separately block down converts and
discriminates the higher bandwidths.
38K4 needs about a 48 Khz bandwidth

3. I am now inquiring about a IC-910H modification kit at symek in Germany.

4. Look at    http://www.paccomm.com    for their product offering of
high speed TNC's for 9600 and 38,400 BPS

Stan, Wa1ECF