Re: Field Day

I was not going to post anything either, but after reading several posts
about people who voiced their frustrations I thought I would add my voice
to the choir.  My experiences were similar. After making contacts on one
FO-29 pass and one SO-50 pass I decided to call it quits and work 6 meters,
which was wide open.

I think in the future the ARRL and AMSAT should consider that the 100 point
bonus can only go to stations who are claiming the QRP multiplier (which
means your entire field day operations needs to be 5 watts or less.)  If
you aren't QRP, you don't get any points at all.  It would be a good way to
give everyone a chance.  Perhaps in the future, after Eagle and P3E, the
rule can be relaxed for those birds only.

73,

Emily

At 08:25 PM 6/28/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I was not going to post a report on my Field Day operation, but after
>seeing so many others do so, I will also.
>
>Scott, KD5FBA, and I operated W5DPA for the Brazos Valley Amateur Radio
>Club (BVARC) from EL29co.  We made two contacts on SO-50, and were unable
>to even get into AO-27 on the eastern pass over North America on Saturday
>evening due to the extreme congestion.  We were pleased to get the 100
>point bonus for ARRL Field Day for our club.  We also had a great
>satellite demo conducted by Darrell, KC5JAR, who manned a receiving
>station as Scott and I made the contacts.  A number of the BVARC members
>got to hear the satellites, and Scott and I have been invited to give a
>program on working the satellites at the next BVARC meeting on July 8th.
>
>73
>Allen N5AFV
>Houston, TX
>

>----